Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sunday Morning Pancakes

When I woke up this morning I wasn't sure what to go with for breakfast. Should I have some cold cereal….an omelette perhaps? Aha…what would go better today than some nice multigrain pancakes.
This is an easy one as I just followed the instructions on the package. I did modify it a bit by adding 1 tsp of cinnamon which gives them a nice flavor and an incredible aroma while cooking.


  • 1 cup of Bob's Red Mill 7 grain pancake mix
  • 3/4 cup of cold water
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon


Simply mix the ingredients in a large bowl…...




...and then spoon into a frying pan.





I have a good non stick pan, but still spray a little Pam to prevent sticking. You can vary the amount of batter you spoon out depending on how large you like your pancakes. I like mine BIG. I usually spread a little butter, or in this case Olivio between the 2 pancakes that this recipe makes.





Finally I cut the pancakes into small pieces and added syrup. In this case I used a sugar free maple syrup. Granted it isn't quite as rich and tasty as regular syrup, but is a decent alternative if you are diabetic, or are just trying to save a few calories.



No comments: